means working towards common goals
JTI is a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies (JT), a leading international tobacco manufacturer. The flagship brands cover world-renowned brands such as Winston, Camel, Benson & Hedges and American Spirit. Other international brands include Mevius, LD, Sobranie, Glamour and Silk Cut. With headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, and core revenue of USD 10.3 billion in the fiscal year ended December 31, 2015. JTI has operations in 120 countries and about 26,000 employees representing over 100 different nationalities.
Within the German Market based in Cologne, the Marketing Team is looking for a
Project Manager (m/f) with leadership responsibility
Position: DE000966 / Location: Cologne/ Starting Date: as soon as possible
As an experienced team leader the position holder will have a focus on market and marketing development within the tobacco industry to support the strategic planning process of the management.
The incumbent reports to the Group Brand Manager and will be primarily responsible in managing projects for the entire German Market brand portfolio with regards to product and packaging development. Furthermore the position holder will be the key contact person for the brand management teams, Research & Development (R&D), Global Supply Chain and logistic functions. He/she has to ensure that all processes adhere to the corporate guidelines and operational programs with a strong sense of deadline respect as well as legal requirements. He/she will further use the internal PLM-processes & tools whilst leading all tasks along the Product Lifecycle Management.
- Support Group Brand Manager with regards to packaging capacity planning meetings with the management
- In alignment with the Brand Manager lead proactively Market-R&D projects from initial briefing to materialization across the whole JTI Germany portfolio and ensure timely and efficient completion of the different projects
- Build and maintain regular contact with all functions to manage product introductions, limited editions, price/taxation changes and packaging modifications in an appropriate manner
- Continuous alignment with main contacts of R&D, Global Supply Chain, Logistics & Finance in the project planning & execution and under consideration of time, costs & quality
- Develop recommendation with regards to optimization of the respective process flows with the objective to increase speed to market
- Prepare reports & presentations to brief the Management Team
- Leadership responsibility for the product development team
Qualification & Experience
- University degree in Business/Economics, Marketing or other related fields
- Minimum 3 years relevant project management experience in FMCG marketing or sales functions, both global & regional
- Experience in people leadership role with cross-cultural experience is a must
Skills, Competencies & Languages
- Proven experience in leading projects with a focus on strategic planning of i.e. portfolio, pricing & volume
- High interest to collaborate closely with Marketing, Sales & other departments
- Strong executional reflex, analytical & entrepreneurial thinking
- Good experience in people leadership
- Strong commercial drive and good understanding of operational constraints
- Effective cross-functional communication skills, team player with high self-management skills
- Very good English skills, fluency in German desirable
- Solid user of Office applications (advanced PP & Excel)
If you would like to work for one of the “Top 5 Employer 2016” in Germany, take advantage of this unique opportunity and join us. We are
offering you a very challenging and diverse assignment in an international company with excellent development opportunities, outstanding
compensation as well as an excellent working climate. A permanent position at the end of the program will depend upon the availability and
Interested? Please send us your complete application inclusive earliest starting date and salary expectation via our Online-System. www.jti.com/careers (Position DE000966).