Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Senior Machine Learning Data Scientist (m/f)
The Data Science team at Bayer is a one stop shop for all enterprise advanced analytics projects. We work across all units in Bayer from corporate finance to digital farming to regulatory affairs. We solve hard analytical problems with the mission to improve the overall efficiency and decision making in the company. If you are interested in joining a young and dynamic team applying bleeding edge machine learning algorithms to all kind of data types we would like to hear from you.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish strong link with the R&D side of the business to help shape and execute the data science strategy
- Develop and train junior members of the Data Science team
- Perform in-depth modelling and data mining research working on internal and external data assets
- Create opportunities for data product development by identifying pain points in the business to improve efficiency and decision making
- Build and improve scientific software solutions leveraging skills across a large IT unit to support the work of Business Domain Expert in their daily work
- Search and explore external opportunities with academia and new solution vendors
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD. in statistics, mathematics, computer science, machine learning with strong applied side
- Several years industry or academic (starting at post-doctoral research) experience
- Expert level knowledge of two or more of the following area: Bayesian inferences statistics,machine learning techniques, neural network, Gaussian processes and related topics
- Very good coding knowledge in Python and/or R or else
- Strong business analyst skills and experience interacting with very diverse customers are desired
- Strong expertise and track record in subjects like Pattern Recognition, Machine Learning, Data Mining etc.
- Strong Skills in data analysis, presentation of results and outlining of solutions to the Business
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Germany : Berlin : Berlin || Germany : North Rhine Westfalia : Leverkusen
Phone +49 214 30 99779
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.