Data Engineer Online Peer Review System and Reporting (m/f)
limited to 2 years
is a major new force in scientific, scholarly, professional and educational publishing. By using its combined expertise, scale and the reach of our brands, the company aims to grow and innovate in order to better serve academic researchers, students, teachers, institutions, professionals and the wider public, by helping them discover more. Springer Nature was created through the combination of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media in May 2015. This strategic merger brought together these dynamic publishing houses with more than 150 years of history behind them, as well as complementary geographic footprints and brand portfolios, a track record of creativity and innovation, and a shared vision to advance knowledge and learning around the world. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of EURO 1.5 billion.
Springer-Verlag GmbH Heidelberg
is hiring for the position
Data Engineer Online Peer Review System and Reporting (m/f) / limited to 2 years
to be filled in as soon as possible.
- Report requirement analysis
- Create, maintain and improve reports at the database level (Business Intelligence, Operational Monitoring, QA Reporting)
- Analyze, interpret and visualize data
- Maintain and expand existing systems for automated reporting
- Cooperate with other in-house departments on reporting platforms and definition of standards in the following setting (also part of the initial duties to learn about the background of the reporting
- Set up and maintain Online Peer-Review Systems (currently: Editorial Manager) for scientific
- Provide support for individual journals: escalation, supervision, optimization of workflows
- Conduct presentations and training sessions
- Introduce and integrate new tools and editorial services for the journals
- Interact with our software vendor (currently: Aries) and other in-house departments
- Proven knowledge in query languages – preferably T-SQL
- Experience in database development (MS SQL server, Oracle)
- Familiarity with programming, development and script languages (Java, Batch / Shell script, Python)
- Experience with Web Development beneficial
- Solid skills in the area of (XML-based) metadata
- Knowledge of the scientific Peer-Review Process and Peer-Review Systems beneficial
- Experienced Project Manager with work experience in international projects
- Occupational career in scientific publishing beneficial
- Excellent intercultural skills required for working in a global company
- Excellent command (business fluency) of English and German, further languages beneficial
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Highly customer-oriented and proactive
Limitation: 2 years
Working hours: Full time
Company and location: Springer-Verlag GmbH, Heidelberg
Excited by the prospect of joining us?
We are looking forward to your online application
using our online application system (SuccessFactors
) stating your first possible date of joining and your salary expectations.
Your contact person is Ms Birgit Kolb, HR Director Heidelberg.
To find out more information about our organization please take a look at www.springernature.com