Jobs wie diesen per E-Mail erhalten
IT Support Engineer
AMAZON legt besonderen Wert auf die Chancengleichheit und qualfikationsgemäße Entlohnung
Required qualifications and skills:
The successful candidate will have:
· Linux/Unix System Support experience.
· MS Windows System Support experience.
· A background in Networking - LAN / WAN and Wireless.
· Holds a detailed understanding of core internet technologies - Routing and Switching, DNS, DHCP, mail transport, OSI Model.
· Telecom knowledge including VOIP / SIP and mobile technologies advantageous.
· Experience working in a customer-facing technical role which requires solid technical aptitude, excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels and in different situations.
· Project management abilities and technical task execution experience.
· Strong analytical skills with proven problem solving ability.
· Proven ability to operate in high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple competing priorities and possess a high level of discipline while displaying a high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
· Experience of data cabling / Computer Facilities knowledge.
· Ability to develop clear and concise documentation. · Demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology.
· Ability to travel up to 25%
Preferred qualifications and skills:
· Vendor certification of the following would be beneficial: Linux/Unix System Support, MS Windows System Support, Cisco knowledge - LAN / WAN and Wireless.
· Telecom knowledge including VOIP / SIP and mobile technologies.
· IT / ICT further education qualification.
· Previous experience in a dynamic environment with a high degree of customer service focus.
· Help Desk / Technical support management experience.
· Ability to develop the skills needed to support specific Fulfillment Centre Automated Systems.
· Ability to coordinate with corporate-based support groups to implement IT changes.
· Proven ability to learn and apply new technology.
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organisation also offers many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery. We operate sites in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Italy, Spain and China (Joyo.com) and maintain over 50 fulfilment centres around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet.
We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Sound interesting? We wait for your application.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.