Director of Network Research Group
The Network Research Group (NRG) within DOCOMO Communications Laboratories Europe (DOCOMO Euro-Labs) is at the forefront of the 5G mobile network evolution. We impact the new core network architecture through our work in the most relevant Standards Developing Organizations (SDOs) like 3GPP as well as consensus building among global players such as operators and vendors. NRG aims to standardize the 5G core network in close collaboration with relevant organizations in the NTT DOCOMO group to enable NTT DOCOMO to realize cost reduction and business expansion in the evolving network environment. The currently relevant standardization activities include 3GPP SA2. Our current focus includes key topics such as evolution of the core network architecture, e.g. slicing, mobility management, interworking and QoS.
- As a hands-on manager, lead assigned standardization work in tight alignment to NTT DOCOMO group's standardization strategy, i.e. lead assigned normative and study work such as slicing, mobility management, interworking and QoS in SDOs like 3GPP.
- Increase patents aiming at adoption by SDOs as part of a standard specification, which is likely to be used in NTT DOCOMO's commercial network.
- Close inter-working with other teams at DOCOMO Euro-Labs in a globally optimized manner to accelerate impact on relevant standardization bodies.
- As a hands-on manager, collaborate with selected industry partners such as vendors and European telecom operators to maximize location advantage and impact on DOCOMO Euro-Labs' stakeholders; e.g. by collaboration in discussion on standardization requirements or proof of concepts in the context of standardization.
- As part of standardization activities, gain insights about industrial movement and identify potential influencer to NTT DOCOMO; e.g. other companies' opinions which may be completely different from NTT DOCOMO's one, or activities in different fields such as open source which may influence existing standardization activities.
- Maintain links to NTT DOCOMO's R&D departments.
- Manage group projects regarding content, timing and staffing.
- Supervise and guide group members.
- Disseminate results to broader internal and external communities if necessary.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing by creating and maintaining detailed and comprehensive reports and documents.
- 6+ years in mobile core network standardization.
- Director position or equivalent position for at least 1 year. An example of the equivalent position is a specialist who reports strategic proposals directly to high-level management, e.g. C-level management. Another example is a consultant who works independently on behalf of a director.
- Industrial collaboration with major vendors or operators in 5G core network related areas.
- Strong record of IPR creation for core network standard specifications.
- 3GPP network architecture and functions and current discussion topics in the assigned areas such as 3GPP SA2.
- Technologies related to mobile core networks.
- Industrial activities related to mobile core networks, e.g. commercial development, industrial fora and open source.
- Creating convincing proposals for high-level managements, e.g. at DOCOMO Euro-Labs and at NTT DOCOMO, by taking these receivers' viewpoints and the global optimization concept into consideration.
- Excellent management and coordination skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. Willing to evolve in a multi and intercultural environment.
- Broad range of interests. Willing to obtain broad information and the ability to identify the relevance between two things that look seemingly irrelevant to each other.
- Flexible, tolerant and able to keep presence of mind in difficult situations and dramatic situational changes.
- Possesses a valuable network in industrial communities in related and relevant fields.
- Fluent in English.
Additional/Desirable Experiences and Skills:
- Expertise in vertical industries, preferably in one or more of automotive, e-health, energy, manufacturing industry.
- Strong motivation skills.
Your workplace will be in Munich, Germany. The position is initially limited to two years with a possibility to be converted into an unlimited one. Please send us your complete job application as electronic file (curriculum vitae, graduation & score certifications, reference letters, starting availability, salary expectation) to the following address:
Job Reference: NRG170401
DOCOMO Communications Laboratories Europe GmbH (DOCOMO Euro-Labs) was established in November 2000 in Munich, Germany. DOCOMO Euro-Labs' mission is to contribute to the evolution of future mobile systems. Important research areas include 5G wireless technologies, emerging network technologies and architecture. As a part of its research, DOCOMO Euro-Labs participates in standardization activities as well as technology investigation and technology scouting.
To achieve our mission, DOCOMO Euro-Labs takes advantage of its location and collaborates with European operators, vendors, venture companies and universities and contributes to standardization activities (mainly 3GPP and ETSI).
In short, DOCOMO Euro-Labs provides new value in supporting the pioneering role NTT DOCOMO has in the world of telecommunications.
DOCOMO Communications Laboratories Europe GmbH
November 10th, 2000
Managing Director, President & CEO
Contact:DOCOMO Communications Laboratories Europe GmbH
Landsberger Strasse 312
80687 Munich, Germany
Telephone +49 (89) 56824-0
Telefax +49 (89) 5898-8460