Franziska Greiser | Engineer
"I use the scope for freedom to gain new perspectives.
It's great that this works on the job as well."
Zooming in, getting a more detailed view. And then simply changing perspectives again: that's what Atotech does every day. We are seeking innovative products and processes for greener plating technologies – in Asia, North and South America, and in Europe. For decades we have been shaping the future of our industry and our worldwide partners.
Identifying challenges, taking responsibility
Our joint vision of a future worth living in for everyone is the driving
force for our employees to think one step ahead at all times and to
come up with better solutions. Our mission: fewer resources, more
Today's People for Tomorrow's Solutions
Atotech in Basel has the following position to offer:
Who we are
Electronics Materials (EM) located in Basel, is an integral part of
Atotech's technology strategy focused on providing leading edge
solutions in the fields of advanced dielectrics and substrates,
imaging systems and surface protections.
The Product Developer will work in R&D according to specified product targets. He/she will act closely together with a team of other experts who coordinate the work flow and drive the development
processing of the entire group.
- A challenging job in an international team with a potential to realize innovative ideas and international co-operations with colleagues all over the world.
- Excellent employment conditions and an ideally located workplace in the city of Basel, Switzerland. Generous relocation package.
Your skills and experience:
- Product developments in the area of polymeric materials which are used in the manufacturing of printed circuit boards (PCB) and chip packages.
- Customer support during product introduction.
- Development and validation of new formulations and processes.
- Co-operations with third parties and institutes to ensure high efficiency in the development process.
Required technical background:
- Proven positive track record in the development of new products; either in the field of etch and plating resists / Solvent borne coatings / Dry films for the electronic industry; or in the field of thermoset resin systems used as dielectrics and insulating materials.
- Profound understanding of reliability testing and qualification procedures in the electronics industry, such as IPC and UL standards.
- Excellent skills in planning and project leading and the ability to pragmatically follow a defined technical target.
- Well-organized, open-minded, and empathic personality.
- A good team player with the ability to lead a small group of technical experts.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language and very good communication skills.
- Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar education.
- Formulation and application of polymeric materials for PCB industry.
- Strong background in the chemistry of thermoplastic and thermoset polymeric materials.
- Coating and laminating technologies.
- Knowledge of the production and the industry of PCB / Chip packaging / Electronics.
If you believe you are qualified, and are willing to take the challenge,
please send your motivation letter, CV and relevant documentation
directly by e-mail to email@example.com