IT Support Engineer (m/f) for Hamburg
Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation.This is your chance to make history.
The Amazon IT teams keep our business running smoothly by resolving complex hardware, software, server and infrastructure issues, with both on-site and on-call capacity for our Operations network.
As an IT Support Engineer (m/f) you will report to the IT Manager responsible for your site and will be responsible for working closely with the business and fellow engineers to implement and maintain critical infrastructure elements as well as day to day support to meet our operations present and future business needs.
Besides your day-to-day activities, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to get involved in projects and innovate. You will be a key part of a multinational team and thrive in delivering high-quality results and always be on the lookout for improvements.
Business Area: Operations - Fulfilment centre
Operations is at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is done on behalf of our customers, as meeting their expectations makes us feel good.
The Ops teams in our Fulfilment Centres are responsible for controlling the vast range of fast paced inventory from inbound to outbound and work very hard to ensure that our customers receive what they want, when they want it.
You will provide a support service that ensures all IT equipment and infrastructure is running to its optimum performance and that all departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met on your site. You will also be running projects across the site, working closely with the business and fellow engineers, to implement changes and/or additions to the site’s technology infrastructure to support changing business and IT requirements.
The extent of your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- review, revision and execution of change management requests as required.
- manage the availability of all IT equipment and infrastructure through continuous improvement and continuously look to improve equipment efficiencies and cost reductions accordingly.
- perform site audits on technical infrastructure to ensure adherence to latest Amazon IT and Health & Safety guidelines.
- act as a point of contact for contractors or external suppliers and clearly communicate technical issues and Amazon standards.
- project management:
- coordinate asset and Inventory management including checks / audits in line with standards and processes including Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) processes with suppliers.
- interact with suppliers, request quotes and purchase equipment in accordance with policies, budgets and operational demand.
- pepresent the IT department in site meetings / conference calls.
- contribute to sites on call schedule.
- provide mentoring and training to technicians and other engineers and act as technical contact for remote support teams as and when required
Required qualifications and skills:
- a bachelor degree or equivalent
- Linux/Unix System Support experience.
- MS Windows System Support experience
- background in Networking - LAN / WAN and Wireless.
- detailed understanding of core internet technologies - Routing and Switching, DNS, DHCP, mail transport, OSI Model.
- Telecom knowledge including VOIP / SIP and mobile technologies advantageous.
- fluent German language skills and good English language skills
- experience working in a customer-facing technical role which requires solid technical aptitude, excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels and in different situations.
- project management abilities and technical task execution experience.
- proven ability to operate in high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple competing priorities and possess a high level of discipline while displaying a high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
- experience of data cabling / Computer Facilities knowledge.
- willingness to travel up to 25%
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount. Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organisation also offers many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your CV (no motivation letter necessary) you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.