Schaeffler Group USA Inc.
308 Springhill Farm Road
Fort Mill, SC 29715
|Schaeffler, a global automotive and industrial supplier, is expanding engine engineering division and is seeking a Development Engineer at our State of the Art North American Automotive Center in Troy, Michigan, USA. This position will be responsible for ensuring that product is designed to intended level of function, durability and cost with focus on manufacturability. Additionally, will be responsible for developing product function and durability for application in customer vehicle system.
Schaeffler Group is synonymous with creative technology. We are known for developing and manufacturing precision products for everything that moves. We provide our customers with individual solutions to help them move the world. Schaeffler has 76,000 employees work at 180 locations in 50 countries worldwide. Our success factors are premium quality, outstanding employee orientation, exemplary environmental protection, as well as sustained, long-term and targeted development of the company.
Primary Responsibilities are:
- Define and Release component & assembly drawings/manufacturing/stage drawings in close cooperation with plant industrial engineering, product design & application engineering.
- Conduct and/or coordinate with product engineering tolerance stack - ups and basic engineering calculations
- Primary project technical contact to manufacturing, supplier quality, purchasing and prototype shops
- Define prototype content requirements, coordinate drawings/BOM with product design engineering and track prototype production
- Gain an understanding all processes used to produce the components and the assembly
- Assist in supplier development to ensure supplied product meets all functional requirements
- Lead Design - Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (D-FMEA); participate in P-FMEA; P-FMEA is responsibility of plan
- Assist in establishing component & assembly level requirements for testing and analysis, coordinate with Design Verification Plan & Report
- Complete and sign off the DVP&R together with the project Application/Development Engineers
Qualified candidates will have:
Schaeffler is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
- At least a Bachelor's degree in engineering, preferably a BSME
- At least three years of experience with engine applications
- Qualified candidates must have a good working knowledge of GD&T, manufacturing processes, Pro-E CAD software (preferred), and overall computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Must also have a working knowledge of testing, analysis and design verification plan and report (DVP&R) process
- In addition, qualified candidates must exhibit strong organization and communication skills and have a strong understanding of engineering principles