Junior Software (SW) Engineer LTE Control Plane - Nokia Siemens Networks Ulm
Job ID: 43138
Nokia Siemens Networks is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly. With headquarters in Espoo, Finland, we operate in over 150 countries around the globe.
You will work as a Junior SW specialist in LTE Control Plane team (C-Plane) in NSN Mobile Broad Band (MBB) LTE Base Station development. In this role you will have the responsibility for specifying and delivering LTE C-Plane software for LTE Flexi Base Station comprising requirement analysis, software design, implementation and testing.
This includes working in the MBB LTE eNB Control Plane development. The work assignment will be the BTS (eNodeB) for LTE and you will do
- Requirement analysis
- Software design and implementation on embedded real-time platform
- Test of implemented SW to assure that SW is really working
- Writing documentation for the relevant part of the SW
- Cooperation with integration engineers in worldwide testing organisation
We expect that you have
- BSc degree in Computing Science or a similar subject
- Experience in software engineering and telecommunication technologies
• Experience in object oriented design and implementation, preferably mobile communications GSM/UMTS/LTE
• Experience in C++ programming and software testing in Linux/Unix embedded environments
- Interest in Agile methodologies and Scrum,
- Good command of spoken and written English. German skills would be of advantage.
- Analytical thinking, creativity in problem solving and carefulness,
- Networking and communication skills in multi-site environment,
- Good organisation, commitment and quality orientation as a team player.