Integration and Verification Senior Specialist, LTE - Nokia Siemens Networks Ulm
Job ID: 41872
Nokia Siemens Networks is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly. With headquarters in Espoo, Finland, we operate in over 150 countries around the globe.
Our site in Ulm is a major development center for mobile broadband products / LTE. Here we are looking for an experienced LTE eNB Integration and Verification Engineer.
- Integration & Verification of the functionality of the LTE eNB with the help of protocol simulators and analyzers on the internal and external interfaces or with real core equipment and real mobiles
- Specification, preparation, implementation, execution and analysis of tests, incl. test automation
Responsibility for specifying, planning, reporting, designing, reviewing in his/her technical area (e.g. several features). Is an expert for techno-economical aspects in own responsibility area. Leads and executes technical activities and projects in own responsibility area. Supports resource and program planning. Writes requirements, specifications and other guiding documentation for R&D from a technical point of view. May work also outside of own process area on technical issues. Solves complex engineering problems in many technology areas. Coaches other team members in solving complex engineering problems. Undertakes technical training responsibilities.
- MSc (BSc) University degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Physics or comparable education level
- Mobile communication technologies: LTE, UMTS, GSM
- Several years protocol experience of LTE/UMTS/GSM
- Profound protocol experience of Control and User plane of LTE
- Several years test experience in integration of embedded real time SW on target HW and BTS verification
- Fault analysis and enhanced defect analysis experience
- Experience in test automation and automation tools
- Test methodologies, Test engineering experience
- Experience in specification, test preparation, implementation, test execution and analysis of test results and faults
- Deep knowledge of test equipments and lab tools (e.g. Real core/CN simulator, Real UE/UE simulator, monitors, analyzer etc.)
- Programming: C, C, shell scripts, unix/linux tools, HTML, perl, python
- Testtools: fault management tool (e.g. Pronto), test case management tool (e.g. Quality Center), Test automation (e.g. Pegasus, robot)
- Operating systems: Linux, Unix, Windows
- Protocols/interfaces: 3GPP Mobile communication, IP, OSI, networking
- English fluent in written and spoken
- Personal Attributes:
o Ability to analyze complex problems
o Team player in a multicultural environment
o Result oriented
o Personal engagement
o Communication skills
o Social competence
o Sensitive behavior
o Willingness to travel
We offer you a challenging task embedded in an international environment as well as the benefits and development options in a fast growing market.