Digital Design Engineer for LTE Base Station Hardware - Nokia Siemens Networks Ulm
Job ID: 42050
Nokia Siemens Networks is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly. With headquarters in Espoo, Finland, we operate in over 150 countries around the globe.
You will work as a digital hardware designer on the development of digital technology for radio base station products. Key tasks and responsibilities are:
1. Design & implementation of digital hardware according to the Requirement Specification.
2. Integration, verification and test reporting of the product on the module/unit level.
3. Responsible for quality of all the deliverables within schedule & cost budget.
• MSc (BSc) University degree in Electrical Engineering or Phys
• Working experience in digital board design area is preferred, but applications from graduates are very welcome
• Technology knowledge about processor architectures, memories (DDR3,..), high speed bus systems (PCI, PCI-E, sRIO, GbE), clock generation and distribution
• Experience with board design- and simulation tools (e.g. Mentor) and/or with FPGA design- and simulation tools
• Experience in using high speed oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers and microprocessor debugger
• Manual capability in handling of electronic boards (modifications in the lab)
• Fluent written and spoken English
• Good understanding of HW development process
• Signal integrity knowledge and ability to solve SI-problems
• Good communication and problem solving skills
• You are a team player
• Open to visit NSN sites abroad