Job ID: 41880
Nokia Siemens Networks is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly. With headquarters in Espoo, Finland, we operate in over 150 countries around the globe.
You will work as a SW specialist in LTE Control Plane team (C-Plane) in NSN MBB LTE Base Station development. In this role you will hold whole responsibility for specifying and delivering LTE C-Plane software for LTE Flexi Base Station comprising requirement analysis, software design, implementation and testing. This includes working in the Mobile Broad Band LTE eNB Control Plane development. The work assignment will be the BTS (eNodeB) for LTE and you will do
- Requirement analysis
- Software design and architecture
- Software implementation on embedded real-time platform
- Test of implemented SW to assure that SW is really working
- Writing documentation for the relevant part of the SW
- Cooperation with integration engineers in worldwide testing organisation
We expect that you have
- MSc degree in Computing Science or a similar subject
- Hands-on experience in software engineering and strong background in telecommunication technologies:
* Minimum three years experience in object oriented design, implementation and test of finite state machines for telecom protocols (call processing, resource management, protocol handlers etc.), preferably mobile communications GSM/UMTS/LTE with focus on Control Plane
* Minimum three years experience in C++ programming and software testing in Linux/Unix embedded environments
* Experience in multi-threaded/multicore programming and inter-process communication
* Debugging experience in large scale projects
* Experience in software optimization with profiling tools
* Experience in source code control
* Experience in build and test automation and scripting for automation
- Knowledge in Agile methodologies and experience working in Scrum,
- Good command of spoken and written English. German skills would be of advantage.
- Analytical thinking, creativity in problem solving and carefulness,
- Networking and communication skills in multi-site environment,
- Good organisation, commitment and quality orientation as a team player.