Systems Engineer for conventional Train Control (m/f)
- Prepare electrical concept for a vehicle (electrical design for the entire vehicle with respect to its main parameters, detailing of main functions and definition of vehicle control and control interfaces with other systems and the environment)
- Independent preparation of vehicle and component circuit diagrams and the associated equipment lists.
- Author technical specifications and control concepts.
- Optimise vehicle functions (safety, availability, target cost-oriented work)Coordinate orders within the department and across department borders.
- Prepare quantity structures
- Specify details for required assurance of vehicle functions; assess validation documentation
- Prepare test specifications and support testing during final assembly, commissioning and warranty phases
- Coordinate and define technical interfaces with other systems and environment
- Coordinate schedule execution
- Collaborate with Purchasing department in obtaining and assessing technical proposals from potential suppliers
- Create engineering descriptions and documentation, in part based on supplier documentation
- Conduct technical negotiations with suppliers and customers.
- On-vehicle training of customers
- Collaborate with international teams
- University-level degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent education
- Extensive professional experience of many years; comprehensive knowledge of rail vehicle design and engineering
- Business fluent in oral and written English; additional foreign language desirable
- Experience and confidence on the international stage; ability to work in international teams; results and customer-oriented working method; active involvement, strategic thinking, initiative and team spirit as well as excellent communication and integration skills
- Focus on international work and intercultural competence
- Unlimited ability to travel and willingness to spend several consecutive months in Asia
By making a difference today, we are helping create a better world for future generations. Having pioneered the philosophy of "The Climate is Right for Trains", we demonstrate this rationale by offering vehicles with practically zero emissions that are almost fully recyclable.
Your ideas move people.