The Grünenthal Group is an independent, family-owned international research based pharmaceutical company headquartered in Aachen, Germany. Building on its unique position in pain, its objective is to become the most patient-centric company to be a leader in therapy innovation. Grünenthal is one of the last five research-oriented pharmaceutical corporations with headquarters based in Germany which sustainably invests in research and development. These investments amounted to about 25 % of revenues in 2011. Grünenthal’s research and development strategy concentrates on selected fields of therapy and state-ofthe- art technologies. We focus on the intensive search for new ways to treat pain better, more effectively and with fewer side-effects than before. Altogether, the Grünenthal Group has affiliates in 26 countries worldwide. Grünenthal products are sold in more than 155 countries and approx. 4,200 employees are working for the Grünenthal Group worldwide.
Business Analyst (m/f)
As Business Analyst in the department Corporate Partnering Intelligence (CPI) your responsibilities will include collection and analyses of other companies to support a variety of Corporate Development & Licensing activities including in- and out-licensing as well as mergers and acquisitions. You will also serve as deputy to the head of CPI.
- Support the Head of Corporate Licensing with the identification of M&A opportunitiesc
- Perform the assessment and evaluation of acquisitions, partnerships, and other business development opportunities and strategic initiatives
- Prepare company analyses which provide a comprehensive assessment of their financial status, potential valuation, business strategy, pipeline & products, methods, overall competitiveness and market approach, to support in- and out-licensing, and M&A activities
- Coordinate the scouting, screening and assessment of incoming licensing and M&A opportunities as well as in the preparation of Partnering conferences
- Further develop and maintain a Corporate Partnering Intelligence interactive database for the tracking and accurate reporting of all internal BD&L projects across the company
- Deliver timely and high-quality intelligence reports which provide actionable recommendations to stakeholders
- Deal benchmarking to support CLi’s with successful “Intelligent Deal-Making”
- Support CBM (PMO) by providing needed intelligence for Due Diligences
- Serve as deputy head of CPI
- Advanced university degree in business, statistics or related medical/scientific area and at least 5 years’ experience within the pharmaceutical industry with direct experience in competitive intelligence, marketing intelligence, business development, strategic marketing, strategic planning, market research and/or market analysis
- Experience in conducting detailed secondary and primary industry research and analysis to identify potential M&A opportunities and support deal processing
- Possess strong modeling and financial statement analysis skills including a good understanding of commonly used valuation techniques
- Ability to translate information into intelligence, demonstrating strong analytical skills – ability to analyze and synthesize information from multiple sources
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficient verbal and written skills in English are required
We offer an exciting and challenging role in an international environment where you can make a difference and where you can learn and grow.
If you feel that this is just the right job for you, please submit your application here online! Please submit your CV, Cover Letter, certificates and references as well as information about your earliest availability and your salary expectation.
Job-ID: 6355, HR Contact: Johannes Noel
Grünenthal Pharma GmbH & Co. KG
Global Human Resources, Johannes Noel, 52099 Aachen