Thrive on technical challenges
To support the growth of the current Non-Conformance Investigation team we are currently looking for our Business Unit Turbo Machines at our location in Berlin/Dahlewitz
Non-conformance Investigator (m/f)
Technical assessment and sentencing of non-conforming components raised by manufacturing plants. A technical assessment for each component will be required with regard to fit, form and function in order to accept or reject a component non-conformance.
- Undertaking technical investigation and sentencing of non-conformance concession requests and drawing alteration requests for gas turbine components as part of the clients manufacturing process
- Comparison of the manufactured components to the component drawing and an investigation into the impact of the non-conformance
- Creation a clear and concise written technical assessment and offering a detailed recommendation for acceptance or rejection
- Use of illustrated part catalogues, design standards and drawing lay outs as an assistance in performing the task
- Holding technical discussions and liaising with component specialists on a variety of topics from aerodynamics, thermal analysis, materials, stress assessment and general design principles
- BSc/ MSc in an Engineering / Mechanical Design or equivalent qualification
- Experience in design of gas turbine or high-integrity mechanical components involving at least one of the following areas:
- Turbines – Blades, Discs, Casings
- Compressors – Blades, Discs, Casings
- Combustion & Casings
- Shafts & Transmission Systems
- Engine Ancillaries – Lubrication, Fuel, Hydraulic Systems
- Conversant with technical detail and manufacturing drawings and manufacturing processes
- Defect Investigation experience
- Technical Report writing experience
- Fluent in both written and spoken English, other language skills including German are beneficial
- Good presentation and effective communication skills
- Self-driven and motivated to ensure tasks are seen through to completion
We offer to you as professional exciting prospects and personal development opportunities with which you can make a significant contribution to the success of our company. With consistent support we advance those future high-performers and managers of our company within the working environment. Start through a project or with an area manager and quickly advance yourself towards management responsibility. You can expect an international team with flat hierarchies.
We look forward to receiving your detailed application (in English) including your salary expectations and start date.