Senior Embedded SW Engineer – Linux USB/USIF/Energy Management (f/m)
We are looking for a senior embedded software engineer with a strong background in driver development targeting embedded Linux for Android platforms, a solid understanding of hardware/software interfaces,
and profound experience in working on complex technical projects with various stakeholders and contributors in a fast-paced environment.
Our team delivers a broad range of Linux and real-time OS kernel drivers into the mobile phones and tablets space.
In this role you will develop Linux kernel drivers for USB/USIF and energy management including charging, PCIe and/or other IPC technologies across all mobile baseband chipsets. You are also expected to contribute to the broader SW delivery scope of the team in the above areas.
You will be involved in the definition, design, implementation and maintenance of the related features and interact with hardware and software architects, other software contributors and customer support teams.
As a senior embedded software engineer, your responsibilities comprise:
- the contribution to SW specification and effort analysis;
- the design, implementation and testing of functional subcomponents;
- the analysis and fixing of software defects;
- the effective communication with our peers towards optimizing the overall hardware/software solution.
- Proficient knowledge and experience on Linux kernel device driver development (3.10 and newer);
- Proven experience on driver development for USIF, USB, energy management or related areas in an embedded Linux/Android environment.
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++ with a strong embedded background;
- Pronounced technical leadership skills, ability to share your knowledge and work with others efficiently;
- Self-organized, take responsibility and have a dedication to deliver results in time and with high quality;
- Ability to analyse problems using state-of-the art tools and methodologies;
- Good communication skills in English.
- Bachelors/Masters/Diploma/Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering, software engineering, mobile communications or related areas;
- 5+ yrs. of relevant professional experience;
Further additional qualifications:
- be able to understand and evolve SW architecture and concepts;
- be used to working in a complex SW development environment including change and revision control systems;
- have good knowledge of real-time systems design and multiprocessor, multithreading programming;
- have proficient experience with embedded software, hardware, applications and tools;
- have experience with the Intel IA and ARM9/ARM11 architectures and related tools;
- have experience with electronics hardware designs and measurement equipment;
- understand interfaces between hardware and embedded software.