Barracuda Networks is the leading provider of application security appliances and firewall solutions. The European engineering team, which has more than 10 years of experience in firewall and encryption technologies, is responsible for development of Barracuda Networks' Firewall products.
Team Lead & Principal Linux Network Engineer
We expect candidates to be strong leaders, good problem solvers and expect them to be adaptable to various programming languages/domains.
- Responsible for leadership and technical direction of a team of engineers, including architecture decisions, technology selection, implementation planning, and allocating tasks to team members.
- Developing, enhancing and supporting new features our “Firewall Core” technology.
- Improving the quality, security and performance of the “Firewall Core”.
- Working with Product Managers to plan and implement a Roadmap for the Firewall Core that supports the evolution of our Barracuda NG Firewall and Barracuda Firewall Products.
- Working with our Chief Software Architect to support the evolution of the “Firewall Core” Architecture.
- Working with the Product Engineering teams to ensure that the “Firewall Core” supports the evolution of our Firewall products.
- Working with our Support Team to ensure customer issues with the “Firewall Core” are resolved.
- 7+ years Software Engineering
- Team Leadership
- Software development Methodologies
- Strong Linux experience
- Strong C/C++ experience
- Deep technical knowledge in a Networking Technology (e.g. Firewalls, VPN, Routing)
Other useful Experience:
- Good knowledge of Firewall and/or Networking technologies
- Experience with Source Control (SVN, etc.)
- Experience of Agile methodologies
Ready for Barracuda Networks? If you possess the required skills and experience and are interested in joining our fast-paced, dynamic organization, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The minimum basic salary for this position - according to IT Collective Bargaining Agreement - is 3.079 Euro/month.